Sunday 24 May 2020

When Will I Be Released? - A Femme Luxe Review*

Aloha mes amies, 

2 weeks later and I'm back! Who would've thunk it? Since my last post, I have done more than I thought I would've. Between doing a course on The Open University, exercising somewhat consistently and actually doing my day job, I've also planned a list of topics I could write about in the coming weeks (months, if I being completely honest considering the length of time between posts), so that's something to look forward to. Obviously, I am not a complete workaholic. I have been taking (very) frequent rest breaks between tasks because who knows when I'm going to be able to relax again when we finally break out of limbo and society starts back up.

Since I still have loads of time on my hands, I have decided to do another review, courtesy of Femme Luxe who sent me another parcel. I didn't expect to do another haul so soon, but I enjoyed the dressing up and generally just being the centre of attention, so here we are. Also, the British weather has really been hitting lately, which is ironic since we're still technically in lockdown and our access to 'outside' is very limited. Who knows, maybe by my next post we'll be able to roam around again like the old days.

The pieces I selected this time around are all towards the classy end of the fashion spectrum which is refreshing since I've been lounging in shorts and oversized tops for weeks on end.




I'm sorry, but if you see me in 'spoons wearing this Black Velvet Bardot Wire Plunge Bodycon Mini Dress after lockdown, mind ya business. As soon as this dress hit my body, I was in LOVE. I don't think I own anything velvet, but damn does it feel like gorgeous on my skin. This sounds so weird to say, but I feel like this is exactly the type of outfit a vampire would wear. Or a 3 time divorcee who's latest husband died of 'natural causes'. I look like I actually tried to make an effort when in reality, it took me all of 5 minutes to throw on.





So I really liked the Tan Ribbed Wrap Bat Wing Bodycon Mini Dress online, but when it arrived, it DID. NOT. FIT. This is the dress that made me realise that Femme Luxe don't actually put the fabric they use on their website. I assumed it would be stretchy, but needless to say it was not and I didn't account for my bum or shoulders. I probably should've ordered a size up. I got stuck getting in (and out of this dress) during my initial try-on, so I got my little sister to wear it for the photos :)





The Wine Belted Bodycon Midi Wrap Dress is a cute little number. This dress will be attending whatever wedding I get invited to this summer. Do you see how mature I look? ME? I am in awe! It's very similar to the previous dress, except for one crucial difference. It's made of a fabric that isn't restrictive! This Bodycon Dress was relatively easy to wriggle in for which I am grateful for. The length also means     I'm not going to have to pull it down every 10 steps.



Neriah wearing the Emma Black Slinky Ruched Side Strapless Mini Dress


My second favourite dress out of the bunch is the Black Slinky Ruched Side Strapless Mini Dress. This dress IS IT. GET ME LIT. Stick a cocktail in my hand now! I wish you could've seen me strut my stuff whilst trying it on. Normally, I avoid strapless dresses because I'd rather not hike up the top every time it falls, but this dress is tight enough that it stays up totally unassisted (well technically it's partially assisted by my titties).

Final Remarks

Whilst this order wasn't my favourite overall, the 2 black dresses more than make up for the various issues I had. Femme Luxe have a vast array of clothes that I have taken a fancy to, so I will probably be browsing their website again soon. All the items I got are currently on sale, so if you love them, get them whilst you can!

*Femme Luxe sent me the clothes to review, but all opinions are my own. All photos are the property of mylifeinatab.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave comments here: