Tuesday 10 November 2020

Let's Pretend It Isn't Happening - Femme Luxe Review*

 Hey Lovelies,

First things first, we have entered another lockdown. I have to say, I'm not loving the fact that this blog has practically turned into 'The Lockdown Chronicles', but you'll be happy to know I managed to squeeze in a lot of fun in the last 2 months. Since my last post, I finished my year long placement (post coming soon!) and moved into my accommodation amongst other things! I am lowkey glad I'm in Leicester for Lockdown 2.0 because I can live in my own space and if I stress scream, my parents can't hear me. I can also order whatever food I want without having to give any to anyone else.

Another silver lining on this lockdown cloud is I can once again order an inhumane amount of clothes with the justification that I'll wear them all when we are released. At this point, I may just wear fabulous outfits when I do my 'essential shopping'. I can't be the only one who is skeptical about the one month time limit. I mean... the last one was meant to last 3 weeks and here were are 6 months later, COVID-19 still in our airspace.

Anyway, enough rambling, let's talk about clothes!



Excuse me while I scream with joy. If I could marry a top, it would have to be the Black Tie Front Organza Mesh Sleeve Crop Top. It might even be my favourite out of the four. I love a tie top as much as the next woman and this one DOES. NOT. DISAPPOINT. It fits me soooo well and my boobs were booby-ing like they never have before. Most importantly, the sleeves didn't itch which was a worry I had when I picked this. It is perfect for cocktails which is exactly where I wore it to last week and it didn't give me trouble at all.




Now I was very skeptical when I ordered the  Blue Chinese Print Mesh Bodycon Midaxi Dress due to the fact that is is completely made of mesh without some sort of under-layer, but my mind was put at ease when it arrived and I saw that the pattern covers all the 'goodies'. The style of the dress is so cute and I love the way it lays on my hips. It's exactly the type of dress you can throw on and instantly look like you've levelled up with minimal effort.



   


I 100% believe that a shirt dress should be a staple in a woman's wardrobe and I own about 3, but none of them are white (unless you could actual shirts that are just too long for my torso), so getting the White Pleated Long Sleeve Shirt Dress was a long time coming. It has the perfect length and I can literally wear it with any shoe - white Air Forces, black knee high boots, nude perspex heels, the list does on.




I love a good word merge (I was still saying chillax years after everyone abandoned it) and the Shacket (shirt + jacket) is no different. It's a trend I wanted to hop on for a little while, but since I wasn't sure of its functionality (can I still look cute and be warm?), I admired them from afar until I saw it on the Femme Luxe site. I opted for the Pink Check Print Oversized Button Up Pocket Shacket because I thought I could get more looks out of it, but it's also available in black. I wore it to run some errands and it did a pretty good job of keeping me toasty, whilst also tying my look together!

Final Remarks

Can I just say that I loved every single item I got wholeheartedly. I can normally find at least one thing I don't like, but I have to say that everything was pretty much perfect. Especially since I think I have Femme Luxe's peculiar sizing down. My rule of thumb - if it's stretchy and you're going for a form-fitting look, go a size down (two if you can manage it).

*Femme Luxe sent me the clothes to review, but all opinions are my own. All photos are the property of mylifeinatab.

1 comment :

Leave comments here: