Saturday 14 March 2015

The 100


Hey Lovelies,

I promised and now I deliver. The 100 is an American post-apocalyptic drama television series on The CW. It is based on a book of the same name by Kass Morgan. So, all formalities are out of the way...


The 100 is the best show ever. Let me tell you why. This is an extremely shortened version because the intricate details will take me days to explain. So basically, The 100 is set 97 years in the future. A nuclear war killed most of humanity and those remaining left Earth for a life in space. All the space stations from different countries were joined to form the Ark. Criminals are floated (ejected in space) and those underage are imprisoned and are re-trialled at 18. But resources are scarce and oxygen is quickly running out, so Chancellor (Thelonius) Jaha (Isaiah Washington) sends 100 delinquents down to Earth to see if it is inhabitable. This is literally the bare minimum that I can tell you. Anything more would give away spoilers.

(source)
The main characters and the reasons why there were imprisoned (left to right):
Finn Collins - Wasted 3 months' worth of oxygen on an illegal spacewalk
Clarke Griffin - Treason (was going to expose the problems happening on the ark with her dad)
Bellamy Blake - not a delinquent (shot Jaha to get on the dropship to Earth to protect his sister)
Jasper Jordan - made drugs with his best friend, Monty
Octavia Blake - second born (you are only allowed to have one child)
Raven Reyes - not a delinquent (went to Earth to see if Clarke was still alive)
Lincoln - a grounder
Monty Green - made drugs with his best friend, Jasper
Abby Griffin - not a delinquent (Clarke's mother)
Thelonius Jaha - not a delinquent (Chancellor of the Ark)
Marcus Kane - not a delinquent (Councilman on the Ark)
I love all the characters (love to hate some of them). They all have different personalities and the 100 are the most random people ever. I honestly believe you should watch it and you will be hooked. There is so much drama and Jason Rothenburg (the director) always keeps you guessing what is going to happen.
(source)
And of course, shipping. I absolutely ship BELLARKE. You don't understand (yet), but the are perfect for each other! They grow to become co-leaders. They (well on person) call him King and her Princess. They are perfect for each other (I mean they are connected by royalty, not incest). But there is one massive issue, they still are not together. WHAT? I know right! 2 seasons and all we get is Clarke kissing Bellamy on the cheek in the season 2 finale. But the future is bright because there is going to be a season 3!! I also ship Linctavia, Kane and Abby and Raven and Wick.


Love, Peace and Snickers xx }|{

P.S. Quote of the day: You may be the Chancellor, but I'm in charge. - Clarke Griffin

4 comments :

  1. I LOVE this show! It's so great. The women are strong, there is no prejudice or bias against any person on the show. It's got an amazing plot and the characters are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 100 is life. I love how the woman are leaders too. You never know who is going to die. Even the main characters aren't safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The 100! I started watching it two months ago after a friend recommended it and now I'm all caught up and it is sooo awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good, right? I recommended it to my friend, but she read the comments about it first. Apparently, the comments were negative, so she never watched it. She is missing out! I'll try and convince her to join the 100 fandom!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comments here: