Friday 9 October 2015

Why the future isn't so bright (if you don't know what you're doing)

Hello Lovelies,

So, most of us don't really think about the future. We tend to live in the now and don't really contemplate life when we're old and too frail to make up complicated routines to the new One Direction song (by the way, Drag Me Down is really good!). I was told recently that 53% of women and 63% of men have started planning for their retirement! This is not nearly enough as it will be harder to come into money when you are no longer working. So for today's post I 'm going to talk about my wonderful aunt and how she saves money, not necessarily for retirement, but just to keep a budget.

Instead of going to clothes shops to buy, my aunt puts her sewing skills to the test and makes her own clothes. Obviously she buys clothes (she doesn't want to kill her hands), but she finds that she can replicate dresses or outfits in a shop herself, not only saving money, but also improving a skill that she already has. For my birthday, she made me a dress that I absolutely love. I posted a picture on Instagram, so you can check it out here (mylifeinatab - blatant advertising!). Basically every week she debuts a new outfit and every single time, I admire it. I'm completely green with envy!

Clearly, not everyone is an epic seamstress, but I'm sure that you have a talent you can take advantage of to save money, so you always have money to spare, so the next time your friend invites you to a night out, you can go instead of spending quality time with Netflix and pizza!
Another great way to manage your money is Personal Capital's retirement planner. It shows you where your money is going, and really helps plan for retirement in a sensible way!

How can you save money?

Love, Peace and Snickers xx }|{

P.S. Quote of the day: Today morning, when I was driving my Lamborghini, the alarm woke me up.

P.P.S. Netflix is a perfectly valid reason not to attend a party :)

This post was in collaboration with Personal Capital, but all opinions are honest and mine alone. I was not paid neither was I gifted anything.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave comments here: