Friday 12 August 2016

Review | MUA Extreme Felt Eyeliner


Hey Lovelies,

I haven't done one of these for a while. I really don't know why, I love buying new products and testing them out. You never know if you'll find your new favourite lipstick or a foundation that matches your skin tone seamlessly.

Now, I love eyeliner. Simple as. It doesn't matter what makeup look I'm going for, but I will always try to incorporate eyeliner, especially the liquid variety. When I got the Extreme Felt Eyeliner by MUA, I was so excited to try it out as I have other products from MUA that I use often.



As this was my first eyeliner pen (I'm more of the brush-in-the-pot kind of gal), I had very high hopes. I was expecting the flow of a fountain pen, but for your face. Sadly, this product did not deliver. It wasn't jet black, and I needed to reapply many times to increase its opacity. The first time I used it, I ran out of liquid halfway through my first wing. I had to resort to using my old eyeliner to finish it. By the end of the day, I was left with semi-transparent wings, which means my several applications didn't work.  But, I didn't give up, not yet. After further research, I found that I had to keep the pen upside down until he next time I used it to make sure all of the liquid was at the tip of the pen. But, when I next went to use it, it ran out when I began my second wing!


When compared with my current eyeliner, you can see that the Extreme Felt Eyeliner is less opaque, although not by much.

On the bright side, it didn't irritate my eyes and it dried very quickly. Though the intensity had toned down by the end of the day, it wasn't smudged, which is always a good thing. It is, of course, portable and the felt tip made it very easy to draw my wing.


Overall, this product really disappointed me. But, it was reasonably priced and the felt applicator was top-notch. I haven't given up on all eyeliner pens, just this one. It now sits at the bottom of my makeup bag, pitiful.

I hope this review got you one step closer to picking out the perfect eyeliner for you!

What's your favourite eyeliner pen at the moment?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave comments here: