Monday 4 November 2019

1 Year On...


I could apologise for my absence, but I believe that the best apology is changed behaviour. Now, I don't have a clue if I can be consistent again with blogging especially as I'm the busiest I've ever been, but I do know that I won't be completely silent.

I used to blog because I felt like I had something to give to the world. I shared my life and my knowledge and whilst it was fun, I felt like it was all a bit hollow. It wasn't 100% me. So, in this new chapter of my life, I will be consciously trying to show all the different sides that make up Neriah.



In this post, I'll be recapping a few of the happenings in my life. Since the last time you heard from me, I have:
 Been on my first holiday (to Barcelona!)
 Started (and finished) my 2nd year at uni
 Gotten my driver's license
 Celebrated my 2nd decade on this planet
... amongst other things.

Though I've posted since starting university, I don't think I've actually talked about it or even mentioned it at all. I am currently enrolled at university studying Computer Science. I'll definitely talk more about it at length in another post, but I thought I'd share a little about my progress. My course specifically has a Year in Industry which I decided to do, so I'm currently on my placement (3rd) year. I'll also talk about this more in another post. It's been fun and an eye-opener, having a sneak peek into the world after graduation. I've been a student my whole life, so it's been interesting to see how other people live.

I also went to the gym consistently for a good few months at the end of 2nd year, but when I returned home, I lost my routine. I gained a little bit of weight, but it wasn't too bad as I was always out in summer, doing various activities. But as I started my placement and its gotten colder, I've found that I spend way more time at home. I used to hit 10k steps a day easily, but these days, I can barely manage 5k. So I've recently started up at the gym again and honestly, it's hard, but I also remember why I loved it so much. I'll admit I'm one of the weird ones that revel in gym pain. I personally feel like it's my body's measurement of progress. If it isn't hurting, I didn't do enough. Currently, I aim to go four times a week, but life has an annoying habit of getting in the way. I'll keep you posted on my journey!

Finally, I'm also working on my relationship with God. I'm a Christian and I am painfully aware of the lack of effort I've been putting into God in recent years. I tend to only call on Him when I need Him instead of cultivating a proper relationship and spending time with Him. So, I've started reading the Bible (properly) and next month, when I have a rhythm, I'll start a Bible plan. This is the first time for as long as I can remember where all aspects of my life are advancing smoothly and I truly believe it is all down to God. 2nd year was a very difficult period of time for me and without God, I honestly don't know how I would've gotten through it with my faith in the Lord. I'm ready to humble myself and bask in His light again!

Wow, I didn't realise I'd done quite so much this year and this is only what I thought of on the spot. I have grown as a person in the past year and I'm insanely proud of the way I've learnt and moved forward from different challenges that were presented to me. I am nowhere near perfect, but I'll also strive to be so and I can't wait to update you in the upcoming months on the voyage that is my life!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave comments here: